Monday 27 May 2013

Jamie Oliver's Grilled Mushrooms

Jamie Oliver's Grilled Mushrooms

MUSHROOMS
  • 4 large flat Portobello mushrooms (approx 250g/ 9oz in total)
  • 2 cloves of garlic
  • ½ fresh red chilli
  • 2 sprigs of fresh flat-leaf parsley
  • ½ lemon
  • 70g (2½oz) mature Cheddar cheese

MUSHROOMS: Lay the mushrooms, stalk side up, on a chopping board. Trim the stalks and place the mushrooms stalk side up in a small earthenware dish that they fit into fairly snugly.
Crush ½ an unpeeled clove of garlic over each mushroom. Finely chop ½ a red chilli and a couple of parsley sprigs, and divide between the mushrooms. Grate over the zest of ½ a lemon, drizzle well with olive oil and season. Cut the Cheddar into four chunks and pop one on each mushroom.  Grill on the top shelf for 9 to 10 minutes, or until golden
I pinched this from here but it is actually out of Jamie Oliver's 30 minute meals recipe book.  I love this recipe and book although I pick and choose individual things and have never actually made an entire meal!!  This is such an easy quick idea!!  I made these without chilli for the kids (who didn't eat them) and they were just as good without if you are not a big fan of chilli!!

Linking up with One Mother Hen for Open Slather and thanks to One Mother Hen whose Wordless Wednesday post jogged my memory about this recipe!!

Ps still no spell check so please excuse any errors!!

4 comments:

  1. Yum! Thanks for sharing. So tempted to go for another short drive to see if there are more mushies coming up now. I love Jamie Oliver, don't own one of his books though, and love watching his 15 minute meals on the telly. Izzy would look at me as if I had two heads if I tried dishing this up in front of her ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love mushrooms - will have to try this!

    ReplyDelete
  3. They sound lovely despite the fact that I don't eat mushrooms and can't eat cheese !!! LOL
    Have the best day !
    Me

    ReplyDelete
  4. Grill on the top shelf for 9 to 10 minutes, or until golden. I pinched this from here but it is actually out of Jamie Oliver's 30 minute meals recipe ... kugelgrilljamieoliver.blogspot.de

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for reading whatever babbling has been written here!! Please feel free to leave a comment and I promise I do reply, usually by telepathy!!