Monday 24 December 2012

T'was the night before Christmas....

Here we are again Christmas Eve!!  I swear the years fly by and it was only Christmas a few months ago. 

I just have all the wrapping to do plus the groceries as the shops are shut for 2 days and the world here would end if we do not have peanut butter or toilet paper!!  I am stoked to say that all the big one wants for Christmas is a blue bike and a new fire truck which is just what he is getting.  Except the bike is actually a Lightning McQueen one!!  I love getting the perfect gift for someone knowing they will love it!!  I know the baby will love his new tipper truck!!  I am also fairly sure the HOTH will love his presents even though we were not supposed to be buying each other presents!!

We have had some fun with Ernie/Bernie our Elf on a shelf although he has not been very creative about where he is each morning!!  There are limited places he can go out of temptation from little hands!!   The fridge has been loaded with "tinnies"ready to leave for Santa and a few carrots for the reindeer!!  Ernie/Bernie is all ready to head back with Santa tonight.

I am forever grateful to live in my small town.  The community spirit is alive and well here.  The local firies every year load up the fire truck with Santa and bags of lollies and cover the whole town so no child misses out on a quick wave from Santa and a little treat!!  Saturday just gone was the day this year and for a small child who loves firetrucks there is no bigger thrill!!

So the countdown is on!!  This time tomorrow I will have 2 very excited little boys and I cannot wait!!  For me thats what Christmas is all about!!

So Merry Christmas to all and to all a goodnight!!

Oh and I cannot resist sharing this song I heard last week!!  It is so funny and the film clip is just as good!!  Although slightly cheeky!!

2 comments:

  1. Sounds like you had a lovely Christmas. Thanks for visiting us. Here's the icecream pudding recipe :)
    http://meltingmoments.info/?p=1402

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for reading whatever babbling has been written here!! Please feel free to leave a comment and I promise I do reply, usually by telepathy!!