Monday 27 August 2012

Dinner Tonight- Shepards pie with a twist

Here is another simple why did I not think of that recipe!! 
I made this a couple of weeks ago using my own savoury mince recipe and not having read through again before I cooked it I only used 1 pack of gnocchi and just sprinkled grated cheese on the top not the butter and parmesan  but it turned out perfectly and so yummy and simple!!

My savoury mince is simple
Fry 1 onion and a couple of cloves of garlic.
Add 500g mince and brown
Grate in a carrot and zucchini.
I sometimes add other veggies like corn or peas or whatever really.
A splash of bbq sauce or Worcestershire sauce
Sprinkle in some gravy powder and add some water, stir until it is thick and the powder is dissolved. I let it simmer for a little while adding a little more water if it gets too thick!!
Easy and tasty.
Thanks http://www.kirstenandco.blogspot.com.au/!!

Linking up with One Mother Hen for open slather monday!!
Photobucket

4 comments:

  1. Your mince recipe sounds delicious! So pleased you enjoyed the gnocchi cottage pie :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great recipe! Always looking for new ideas, I am so doing this! Thanks for linking up, you're a gem :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nom nom. I hate cheese but it looks like it'd still work without the parmesan. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yum, that looks good!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for reading whatever babbling has been written here!! Please feel free to leave a comment and I promise I do reply, usually by telepathy!!