Monday 13 February 2012

52 WEEK CHALLENGE- WEEK 6



Week 6 is all about goal setting. 

I have one goal this year and that is to get our house built.  It is consuming our lives and I cannot focus on anything else until that is complete.  I know life is going to be fantastic when it is built but the stress and worry are really overwhelming.

However I have been planning and thinking about how to make the house a  very organised and tidy home and looking past the building stage. When moments of clarity kick in and things seem less stressful its actually enjoyable to look forward instead of looking around.  I would be kidding myself if I try to set other goals as I know until life is settled again there is no way I can think about other things and give my whole self to anything.

Here is a list of my "goals" although it seems like to-do list!!
  • Sort out and pack all our existing things
  • Throw out/donate/sell ALL unwanted things
  • Find furniture which is practical for the new house
  • Stop stressing out so much!!!!!!!!!!!!

4 comments:

  1. I can't imagine how stressful building a house is! I hope it is exciting for you at times too, I'm sure it will be when it's yours :D No better time to declutter either. That is my favourite part of moving house, going through and donating/selling/throwing all of the unnecessary things :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've never build but have moved too many times. Saying that I couldn't imagine how much stuff I would have if I hadn't. Enjoy the decluttering and remember your building your dream!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Same as the other ladies - moving has always been my method for mass decluttering so it must be exciting at least to think of the fresh start and creating something specifically to your dreams!

    Deb @ home life simplified

    ReplyDelete
  4. this is a fantastic goal - I cannot imagine the relief and excitement you will feel when your house has finished!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for reading whatever babbling has been written here!! Please feel free to leave a comment and I promise I do reply, usually by telepathy!!